Monday, November 2, 2009

Tripe Threat Designers


I'VE always been a fan of the "Triple Threat" Designers... the fashion label, the something else (author, t.v. star, musician, etc.), and the home accessories/interiors line. Two of my favorite fashion designers have already conquered two out of the three. But I would love for them to enter the realm of interiors.

BETSEY Johnson (fashion designer/author) and Gwen Stefani (fashion designer/singer) have found a ridiculous amount of success in there separate careers and I do believe the next move for each is home accessories. This would leave Ikea, Urban Outfitters, and DWR pinching pennies, as I believe that these would be the more affordable comparisons to Betsey's and Gwen's lines.

HEART shaped pink and leopard chairs, strawberry shaped pillowcases, and harajuku inspired lamp shades... I can see it now! It is only a matter of time before these two become Triple Threat Designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment